[uae] Hello and I've fixed my SCSI problems (Gentoo Linux x86)

  • From: Jonathan Heaney <jonathan.heaney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: UAE Freelist <uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:13:50 +0000

Hi all and Richard

Thought I'd mail this one to the list, by way of an introduction.

I've just solved a scsi emulation problem I was having - not 100% sure
of which action I took fixed it, but I recompiled my kernel
(2.6.4-rc1-mm2) with some additional options and it seems to have cured
the problem where E-UAE wasn't seeing my ATAPI cdrom as a device.

Anyway, I modified the kernel adding in these options -

1. Under "Bus Options", I added "Legacy /proc/pci interface"
2. In the ATA/ATAPI drivers section, I added (back in) "generic/default
IDE chipset support"
3. In the SCSI device support section, I added "legacy /proc/scsi/ support"
4. Also in the SCSI section, I added (back in) "SCSI generic support"

I don't know which one (or combination) fixed the problem, but it's
working again.

Oh and if there are any Gentoo users out there, you should find a new
UAE ebuild which depends on a new CAPS ebuild courtesy of David Holm.
I've not synced yet to confirm this but it should have propagated
through to the mirrors by the time I do it later tonight.  The new UAE
ebuilds have been cobbled together by myself and David, so any
problems/suggestions (pref the latter) can be directed here.

Cheers,
Jonathan