[uae] Re: Faster SDL update of Picasso screens

  • From: Jens Weichert <nexusle@xxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2006 18:51:18 +0200

Am 06.08.2006 um 12:14 schrieb Jochen Becher:

Hi,

here is a patch that increases speed of Picasso screen updates
dramatically on my machine. The speed increase on your machine may not
be that dramatically because it depends on your Linux distribution and
version of libsdl.

On my Ubuntu installation sdl 1.2.9 (current official version of Ubuntu
Dapper) is VERY slow (it draws only 125 filled rectangles per seconds).

The attached patch replaces many calls of SDL_UpdateRect() with a single
call of SDL_UpdatedRects() which calls XSync() only once for the whole
bunch of rectangles (invalid line blocks).

Regards, Jochen

<sdlgfx.patch>

what is the complete command to patch the file?

greets Jens