[uae] Crash with SFS and Hardfile

  • From: Hubert Maier <raziel_nosgoth@xxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 21:36:12 +0200

Hi Rich,

maybe my mail got lost in the noise.

The OS4 build has rather strange problems

[quote]
i don't use E-UAE that much thus wasn't able to pinpoint a problem i have with
one
single game for a long time now that refused to run further than a certain
point.
It's a game installed with WHDLoad started from within E-UAE and at the same
point
it quit with the message "Not enough memory available to write xxx". (where xxx
is
the file name)

Now i thought this is because there is still something missing in the emu and
didn't
bother.

Today i tried to update a 3.1 installation to 3.9 and poof, lockup of the entire
system (and i mean OS4 too) at the first time a write access was performed.

I tried other things like simply copying a file from ram: to a HD or from one
HD to
another, always locks up.

Now i tried another game with WHDLoad which always ran and it did too today, but
upon saving a game state i got the exact same error described above.
Now i know why the other game refuses to run, it saves some information to a
file
right after the game was started and crash becasue it can't do so.

I'm using SFS 1.270 on AmigaOS4 final here and it seems E-UAE and SFS doesn't
like
each other very much :-(

I can't provide a point in the past (E-UAE revision) were it ran, but i'd say
with
the last official full release i could at least save data on HD's (not
confirmed,
though)

Do you have an idea whats happening there?

The other thing are hardfiles, which i tried later, they crash E-UAE upon exit,
no
matter if i use a WIP or the last full release.

I'm kinda lost here
[/quote]

Ciao

Hubert