[uae] Re: Clock fixes

  • From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 16:34:17 +0200

Am Mittwoch, 28. Juli 2004 08:34 schrieb Richard Drummond:
> Hi All
>
> Attached is a patch which should fix the time-stamp problems with the
> virtual filesystem. I've haven't committed this to CVS yet, because I first
> need to verify how portable this fix is.
>
> You can find a binary for Linux/x86 with this patch applied and also Toni's
> fixes for the clock sychronization function at
> http://www.rcdrummond.net/uae/test/uae-linux-i386-clock-fix.bz2
>
> This should fix the problem with YAM regenerating folder indices.

Hello Rich,

here are my findings:

synchronize_clock=yes still doesn't work. Without "timehack" the Amiga clock
still runs visibly too fast on my ThinkPad.

The patch that should fix the time-stamp problems seems to introduce a new
problem. I rerun MirrorCopy to make sure I have an 1:1 copy of my YAM
messagebase from the CD-R. But instead of just copying the broken index files
it copied all files. Well I found out why. See this:

6.System:> copy
Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe/08807.001
Messages:YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe/08807.001 clone

6.System:> list
Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe/08807.001
Directory "Lichtschiff-CD:Messages/YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe" on Mittwoch
28-Jul-04
08807.001                        82734 ----rwed 11-Feb-02  12:51:15
: O LVt/QwAAAAB=
1 file - 41 blocks used

6.System:> list Messages:YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe/08807.001
Directory "Messages:YAM/Lichtschiff/Wurzel.Briefe" on Mittwoch 28-Jul-04
08807.001                        82734 ----rwed 10-Feb-02  12:51:15
: O LVt/QwAAAAB=
1 file - 169 blocks used

The original file is from 11th February and the copied one is from 10th
February. So there is a one day difference between the original and the
copied one although I used the "CLONE" option.

Regards,