[uae] Re: Building on OS4

  • From: Richard Drummond <evilrich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 17:10:46 -0400

Hi Pete

On Thursday 11 May 2006 16:49, Peter Gordon wrote:
> Well, I decided to have a go at building on OS4.
>
> "sh ./configure --disable-gtktest --with-sdl --with-sdl-sound
> --with-sdl-gfx" got through the whole configure script without problem, but
> unfortunately it didn't build.

Interesting.

> It moaned because I don't have automake. Then I got a recoverable alert and
> had to reboot :-(

Try this tarball:
http://rcdrummond.net/uae/test/20060505/e-uae-0.8.29-CVS.tar.bz2

The WIP2 tarball had some time-stamp issues (because two of my boxes had a
disagreement about the time) and this would cause it to try and regenerate
the makefile templates again (using automake).

To be honest I've never tried compiling it on OS4.0. You'll probably need to
set the stack to a hugely insane value to be able to compile the CPU
emulation (the cpuemu_#?.c files). I need to add support for breaking these
up and compiling them in smaller pieces (not only to reduce memory
requirements when building, but also to allow parallel makes).