[uae] Re: Bernd Meyer...

  • From: Dennis Smith <Dennis48066@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 12:34:55 -0400

Hi Richard! :)
I asked Don Cox at AmigaOS4 ML about this. The animosity between Berny & Hyperion goes back to WOA'01. It appears Ben Hermans killed the Amithlon connection between Amiga Inc. and H&P. I don't follow Amiga history that much, but punishing the 'golden goose' for the king's poor vision wasn't a good idea for Amigalot.
I can understand why he is imbittered. BTW, '68K->PPC JIT' has a serious cache bug he hasn't solved yet.
Dennis

Richard Drummond wrote:

Hi

On Monday 23 May 2005 02:26 am, anarkhos@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Bernd Meyer recently posted on a public forum that he won't release his
"*mostly* debugged" 68k->PPC JIT until AOS4 is released because he doesn't
want Hyperion to benefit from his code.

I don't quite buy that argument. Perhaps we could write a persuasive letter
to let someone on this list gleam his code? Richard?

That doesn't seem a valid reason because AmigaOS4 already has a working 68k->PPC JIT compiler. And if it the reason, then he probably wouldn't share any code with me, since I have been involved OS4.0 development. ;-)