[uae] Re: Another CPU usage problem

  • From: "Kjetil S. Matheussen" <k.s.matheussen@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: uae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 20:26:20 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Toni Wilen wrote:

>  Maybe we could implement something similar in E-UAE?

 Can you provide more detail on how this might work? Doing CIA, blitter
 emulation, etc. in separate threads will create a lot of overhead.

It would create huge^10 overhead. UAE _IS_ a hardware emulator, not some kind of binary but not necessarily hardware compatible Amiga-like.

I think Jochen wrote that they used OS signals for interrupts, not that cia, blitter, emulation etc. should be done in separate threads. I imagine the latter could make uae insanely complicated...

But how many signals per second would that be? Many millions?