[u3aavcuss] System Mechanic Version 11

  • From: "Mike Bean" <Mike.Bean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 13:23:29 +0100

Betty Sharp wrote:

System Mechanic Version 11 - I am considering either downloading the free
version of the above or purchasing the paid for Standard (not Professional)
version, as I feel my computer's performance needs optimising.

Symptoms:
1.      Takes a very long time (ages!!) to start up & shut down
2.      Windows Vista downloads will not install, for the past two months,
yet Microsoft Office downloads will download & install.
I would greatly value your opinion of System Mechanic Version 11, both the
Free & the Standard paid for editions. Might it help with the above
problems?

If you do recommend it, which version should I choose?

- - - - - - - -

Betty,

I have tried numerous products that make similar claims/promises but not
this one.

They all do 'some' good but I could not quantify which did it better and in
exactly what way.

I did a GOOGLE search using 'review System Mechanic Version 11' (with no
quotes) and found dozens of reviews.

The first two I list here are from organisations that I regularly use and
90% trust which give this new version a good write-up and I include another
from an organisation I don't know but they do give fulsome details and are
very positive about System Mechanic.

http://download.cnet.com/System-Mechanic-Free/3000-18512_4-10030183.html
http://download.cnet.com/System-Mechanic-Free/3000-18512_4-10030183.html

http://www.whatsabyte.com/P1/System_Mechanic_Review.html

As to purchasing, the C|Net review does not highlight any difference and I
would take that as a lead to at least try the free version. No doubt as you
use or install the product it will highlight what advantages the paid-for
versions give and you might then chose to upgrade - which, no doubt, would
be a very simple process ... just add money! (Incidentally it is quite
common for the free and paid-for versions of software are identical but some
features could be turned off and are activated once you add a registration
code when you pay up.

Please let us know how well it works.

Mike

(PS - I may try it myself!)