[u3aavcuss] Spam

  • From: Ron & Rosemary Meadowcroft <ronandrosemary@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Comp Users GroupU3A <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 13:14:32 +0100 (BST)

Further the message from Diane

Dear Diane

I would mark this one as spam.  Google throws this up on my PC as possibly
containing malware so I would pop it into your spam box or delete it.

As a matter of good practice it is better not to forward this kind of junk on
to others as someone just might be tempted to answer it. Always delete anything
suspect.

Things to look for in this email - It says it comes from India, that's a bad
sign unless you are expecting something from India. Subject is Invoice and a
long number - bit odd if you haven't ordered anything. Main message - A threat
to charge your credit card - Oh dear I think not  - that's just got to be spam.
If you are really worried, contact you credit card companies security but this
is probably not necessary in this case.

Hope that puts your mind at rest!

Bye Ron M