[u3aavcuss] FAUXVIRUS

  • From: Ron & Rosemary M - U3A <ronandrosemary62-u3a@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: U3A CUSS Group <u3aavcuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 15:57:11 +0000 (GMT)

Hello

Just to to keep you all posted with my FAUXVIRUS problem. Having spent a
pleasant hour or two running another full scan with Norton Protection Centre I
still saw C:\FAUXVIRUS\carny ride.exe come up during the scan.

My next action was to contact Norton directly through their chat line to an
engineer. Her reply was:

It is a standard location of this infection, the Norton Scan is just looking
for the file in this location. It will remove it if it is found. Hence please
do not worry.

So as far as I can see I didn't actually have that file in the first place, all
that I saw was Norton having a look! Although it took about ten minutes to get
to the head of the queue I can recommend this approach if anyone else has a
similar problem.

At least I am now a happy Bunnie !

Bye Ron :-)