[typeabilitybeta] first report on TypeAbility 3.0.7

  • From: "Scott Erichsen" <scott.erichsen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <typeabilitybeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 03:19:52 +0100

Hi

Have just installed TypeAbility 3.0.7

1. The installation program still needs dialogue work. The dialogue
about the licence agreement did not read. I was just presented with the
yes button. I had to use Insert+B or the JAWS cursor to read the
dialogue.

2. The next dialogue after that did not read its contents, I had to use
JAWS cursor to find out it was related to selecting the JAWS versions.
Also, I noticed that both versions of JAWS I had installed (JAWS 9 and
JAWS 10Beta) were checked. Do we want that? Or do you think we should
check the latest version that is installed only.

Starting TypeAbility.
I was given the following:
"Document 1 - Wordpad"
After about 5 seconds TypeAbility started.

I'm running TypeAbility on Windows Vista Business on a laptop.
Which brings me to my other point.

This fact of needing to connect an external keyboard to use TypeAbility
with a laptop, could cause some problems for students.
I personally use a desktop keyboard with my laptop when I'm at the
office, but I don't when travelling as I haven't found one small enough
to fit into my bag and folders up! (SMILE)

That will do so far and more as I play with it throughout the day.

Cheers.

Scott Erichsen
Support and Training, Blindness Products

T & T Consultancy Australia Pty LTD.

795 Pacific Highway,
Gordon,
NSW, 2072

Tel: +612 9499 5075
Fax: +612 9499 5073
Website: www.tandt-consultancy.com.au

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended
recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use, disclose,
distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail's content. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and then
delete the email and any attachments from your system. T&T Consultancy
Australia PTY Limited have made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails
and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are transmitted.
We therefore recommend you scan all received e-mail messages.