[typeabilitybeta] Speech Rate in List boxes

  • From: "David Pinto" <davepinto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <typeabilitybeta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 19:25:29 -0700

Brian,

Wow! I never noticed that quirk in TypeAbility for MAGic, where speech rate in list boxes changes to your default speech rate. These would bew the list boxes invoked with F3, F4, F6, F7, and Control U. I frankly don't have a clue why that's happening. My default JAWS speech rate is not that different from TypeAbility's fastest speech rate, so I missed this anomaly.

Interestingly, the edit boxes don't exhibit that behaviour. Speech rate continues to be controlled by the TypeAbility scripts. These edit boxes are the TypeYour Name box, and the Type or Paste your Own dictation edit box invoked with F8.
I'll look into this.
David

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Hartgen" <Brian.Hartgen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>