[tvservice] Mitsubishi TV CK-35MX2 Full volume and picture

  • From: "John Baker" <bakermo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tvservice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 12:49:34 -0500

Hello all,
I have a Mitsubishi TV 35" tube model CK-35MX2 purchased new in 1993.

A few years ago the remote control stopped working and I had it serviced by
a local TV repair shop. They replaced the remote board in the TV.

This year the PIP board went out and another TV repair shop jumped out the
PIP board. This was 3 months ago.

The TV was working perfectly (except for the PIP) until a day or two ago.
Now, the remote does not work and the buttons on the front do not work
either. However, if I press the up channel button the set comes on channel 4
(last channel selected) at full volume. The picture is great! No other
buttons on the panel function except for channel down and that shuts the set
off.

I am an electronic technician and up until now was willing to "pay the man"
to have it repaired. Now I am unwilling to sink more money into this old
set.

But - if I can effect a repair I will give it a go.

The PIP board problem was so common I thought I'd post and see if this is a
common issue as well. Any thoughts?

Where I can look for the schematic and replacement parts?

TIA

bakermo

---