[tuning-math] Calculating errors

  • From: "kalleaho" <kalleaho@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tuning-math@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2002 09:23:14 -0000

Hi!

Do you people use least squares method or sum of absolute values of
errors (or perhaps something else) when calculating the optimal
values for generators?

I know least squares is used in statistics but to me it seems that
absolute values would be much more appropriate in tuning
calculations. Fokker used least squares. Paul Erlich too I suppose.
What is the idea behind using them and not absolute values or
something else?

Thanks,
Kalle

Free $5 Love Reading
Risk Free!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3PCXaC/PfREAA/Ey.GAA/wHYolB/TM

with the subject line "info tuning-math".  Or visit the
website:  < //www.freelists.org/list/tuning-math > .