[tssg-tech] Re: Musicians Manager Web Development Subgroup Meeting Monday, June 25, 2012, 1:00 - 3:30 PM, REUBEN HOAR LIBRARY IN LITTLETON

  • From: Ken Haduch <khaduch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tssg-tech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:30:40 -0400

Hello everyone -
A little bit of follow-up on the attempt that we made to set up an
"Instruments" class, controller, view, etc. in the MusiciansManager
programming sub-group.

The error that we were seeing (the lack of 'name' as an index) was resolved
by changing the index that we were using on line 24 of InstrumentModel.php
from this:

$name = $row['name'];

to this:

$name = $row['NAME'];

apparently some case sensitivity issues. (That goes back to the questions
that I have about how all of this PHP code and the MySQL database setup
hangs together - where does case matter, how does the "__construct"
function work, etc.

I'll check this code into the repository and it will be available for
further experimentation, enhancement, etc.

Ken