[triadtechtalk] Re: xxcopy-clarence & help!

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 01:36:31 EDT

In a message dated 9/18/2001 8:39:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
DBCfour@xxxxxxx writes:

> what do you do when you need to do
> something via the command line?  Dos is no more in XP ...right?

Donna... there is a run box just as in previous version of windows... but...
forget about running the dos comands... as I said in an earleir post.. if you
have win95 and/or programs for win95 or earlier... best find new ones and
dont attmept to upgrade with those files on your pc,especially if you have
important data in them... lots of folks are going to find themselves in a
hurt due to that fact.... even the cheapie bargin PC hardware stuff will
create problems due to drivers not working or even loading.. many a soul will
find themselves with a nonoperational pc....most of the groupies are still
experimenting with xp and dos.... but I havent seen many as of yet... may be
that will never find any... time will tell bit too early as of yet....
but I am not deep into the actual construction of those files so not really
sure....there is also a compatibilty mode that can be used to run older
files... but a big warning comes up and stsates it may create problems and or
malfunctions in the pc.... so it should be fun with what the possibilities
are going to be for thr faults that people will generate.....Chuck.. in Ok