[triadtechtalk] Re: triadtechtalk Digest V4 #250

  • From: ChasM49@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:13:56 EST

In a message dated 12/19/2003 5:40:23 AM Central Standard Time,
Donnymacco@xxxxxxx writes:
from the in built drive. It wont boot from floppy either. The CD ae
definitely bootable and the acer has always booted from them before.
there was an update to win xp that had this efect after it was installed....
forgot what one it was... but it was patched by a later one..... it did me
like that on one of my xp boxes,but not the other two..... at the time I
uninstalled it but now it has been fixed..... do you have all the xp
updates?... and
there are loads of them..... btw... the effects did not do every machine the
same way.... there were hits to the media player,floppy,cd drive,dvd drive....
all sorts of weird "little what the hecks" occured..... but this was awhile
back.... as I say.. it has been patched.. but a check of your updates may
help...... chuck...in ok