[triadtechtalk] Re: triadtechtalk Digest V4 #248

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:07:18 -0800 (PST)

If you change the "boot order" to your liking, then
when using "boot from floppy a:" you must insert a
bootable floppy. If on the other hand you have chosen
the boot order to be "CDROM", then the CD you put in
the CD must be bootable.

You have yet to say who the maker of your box is and
the model, nor have you said what is the OS(operating
system) you are using. We are not wizards & without
this basic info we are limited as to what we can offer
to help you.

From what you say below it seems that you have set your
PC's BIOS to boot from the CDROM yet it will not; if
so, then the CD you've put in there is not bootable.

If the CD you're using *is* bootable, then the unit is
not working properly, but if you can read other CDs,
then the one you're using is *not* bootable, or you
have not properly set the PC to boot from the CDROM.

without more info <shrug>, I can't offer you much more
help than this.

armando
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 05:27:05 EST, Donnymacco@xxxxxxx
wrote:

Hi
Can access bios but no fixes work. Tried everything in
bios.
Computer can read from CD and floppy. Can install from
both but cannot boot from either. I have drive image 7
which works fine but to restore an image you have to
use the drive image cd to boot into the recovery
enviroment.The machine now, for the first time. will
not do that. Be very grateful any advice.

You guys have been great in the past and I can't tell
you how much you have helped in the past.

Don