[triadtechtalk] Zone Alarm Says AVG not fuctioning!

  • From: Brian Cornelius <brian99@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 09:56:37 -0800

Lately I had been getting a lot of "junk" when running my weekly maintenance programs.

So after doing some checking I found that Zone Alarm said it could not detect any anti virus program running. And since I have AVG up and running I was surprised; however, I remember when up dating AVG and Ad-Aware that there was some notice the latter may identify AVG spy ware. Consequently, I am wondering if I may have used Ad-Aware to do some clean up that de-activated AVG.

Or maybe I have done something else that de-activate AVG.
I have checked the settings and could not find anything that appeared to be the obviously cause of the problem.

Since I owe my appreciation to the group for recommending and helping me find, download and use these two wonderful free programs and I hoping someone will know what may be wrong. (These wonderful programs have sure proved the wisdom of one of Armando great tips: why buy it if someone is offering he same thing for free!)

So as always, thanks for all previous help and any help you can offer with this problem.

BRIAN