[triadtechtalk] : XP user files

  • From: "Walt Daniels" <walt.daniels@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:53:38 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Victor,
Thanks to your last letter, I have set up the user file on my HP. Everything
seems to work Ok.
But I have one problem that puzzles me.
When I try to access my Hotmail account by typing it in the address of my
browser, Firefox (and also IE), www.hotmail.com
I get the message:     Alert: Connection refused when attempting to contact
HotMail.

Same message when I try to access my AT&T e-mail on the web.

I can use my IncrediMail mail program and access both without a problem ?

I assume it's some sort of problem because of the user account because it
works fine when I sign as as the administrator.
MS notes say something about 'simplified sharing' enabled in XP, making the
SECURITY tab not available.
Maybe I need to go further in that direction?

Thanks for your help, or anyone else that can shed some light (now it's just
a dim bulb to me!)
Thanks again.

Walt Daniels,  in New Burlington, a quiet suburb of Cincinnati
   Our HomePage       Square Dancers Page
 Photos http://community.webshots.com/user/waltdaniels