[triadtechtalk] Re: Windows 98!

  • From: "S.B." <burry@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 12:30:29 +1000

----- Original Message -----
From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "triadtechtalk" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, July 08, 2002 11:03 AM
Subject: [triadtechtalk] Windows 98!

> BlankOK gang, got one for ya'll...
>
> I went to reinstall Windows 98 and got this message:
>
> Setup Detection Notice
> Message SU0409
> Windows 98 Setup was unable to update your system files.
> This may be caused by virus detection that is built in to your computer =
> or by virus detection software running on your computer.
> To disable built-in virus detection, run the configuration program that =
> came with your computer, or contact your computer's manufacturer.
> To disable virus-detection softward running on your computer, you may =
> need to remove the lines that start the program from your Autoexec.bat =
> or Config.sys files.
> After you have disabled the virus detection, restart your computer, and =
> then run Setup again.
>
> So I disabled my eTrust EZ antivirus program and tried it again and =
> still got the same notice!
>
> I checked my Autoexec.bat file and there was nothing in there referring =
> to any antivirus program(s) and I also check my Config.sys file and it =
> was completely blank...no entries at all!
>
> So has anyone got any ideas?
>
> .......clarence.......
>
> SU0409
Error SU0409
Cannot find the X file.
SU0409
Warning SU0409
Windows Setup was unable to update your system files. This may be caused by
virus detection that is built in to your computer, or by virus detection
software running on your computer. To disable built in virus detection, you
will need to run the configuration program that came with your computer, or
contact your computer's manufacturer. To disable virus- detection software
running on your computer, you may need to remove the lines that start the
program from your AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS files. After you have disabled
the virus detection, restart your computer, and then run Setup again.
SU0409
You may receive this error message if the WildFile Inc. GoBack program is
installed on your computer. It is recommended that you disable the program
before you proceed with Setup.
SU0410

this may help