[triadtechtalk] Re: Ultra ATA controller & Stack Pages

  • From: "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 22:11:07 -0500

Daylight Time,
> cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> > So I guess my question now is, do I really
need to
> > install it and if so, what will it do for my
> > system to make it operate any better than it
does
> > already?

> if your system is stable and boots all ok...
think would leave it be.... main
> reason I say this is to make the changes needed
would have to unistall the MS
> drivers.. and if not the correct ones can be a
mess... what the ata100
> drivers do is speeds up the hard drive
operation... but you must also have
> the drives to use it... and if you did you would
know it right away... so
> again.. if all is well.. leave be as is and keep
on trucking.....

OK Chuck and understood and could be why everytime
I run PitStop, the only bad flag I get is that my
drive is not running as fast as it should for my
PC, but even though I would like it to run even
faster is I just like it better, but can live with
it the way it is!

>          man we are being dumped on here.. wild
as**d storm going thru..
> winds hitting well over 65 mph and expect higher
still.. my ol' flag pole is
> dipping over 6 feet in the wind..... big storm
all over the area... gonna get
> off here and back on the radio... doinf some
storm spotting now.. so far no
> circualtion thankfully.... later guy...Chuck..
in OK

I know from which you speak Chuck, for as a young
lad, we lived in Ketchum OK and we use to watch
the twisters come through there and drive off to a
right angle from them and when they passed we went
back to see if our house was still there!
One came through one time and set a trailer over a
fence from in between two buildings out on the
street and not even a single dish was broke in it
and it set the Post Office a foot or so off the
foundation and didn't even turn a bottle of ink
over that they use to use there with old time dip
pens!  In another storm, it had winds so strong
that it drove straws completely through trees and
tore a woman and her baby into at the waste and
they found the top half of the mother still
holding the top half of the baby and I don't
recall that they ever found their bottom halves!
Hope you survive without any damage!

.......clarence in TN.......