[triadtechtalk] TGIF

  • From: tomas santos <babaluscan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 13:50:56 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Diary,
For my fiftieth birthday this year, my husband (the
sweet dear) purchased me a week of personal training
at the local health club.  Although I am still in
great shape (from playing on my high school softball
team), I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead
and give it a try. I called the club and made my
reservations with a personal trainer named Bruce, who
described himself as a 26 year old aerobics instructor
and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My
husband seemed pleased with my sudden enthusiasm to
get started. Well, the club encouraged me to keep a
diary to chart my progress, so here it goes:
Monday:
Started my day at 6:00am. Tough to get out of bed, but
found it was well worth it when I arrived at the
health club to find Bruce waiting for me.  He is
something of a Greek God - with blond hair, dancing
eyes and a dazzling white smile.  Woo Hoo!!  Bruce
gave me a tour and showed me the machines.  He took my
pulse after five minutes on the treadmill.  He was
alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attribute it
to standing next to him in his Lycra aerobic outfit.
I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he
conducted his aerobics class after my workout today.
Very inspiring.  Bruce was encouraging as I did my
sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from
holding it in the whole time he was around. This is
going to be a FANTASTIC week!
Tuesday:
I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it
out the door.  Bruce made me lie on my back and push a
heavy iron bar into the air-then he put weights on it!
 My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill, but I
made the full mile.  Bruce's rewarding smile made it
all worthwhile.  I feel GREAT!!  It's a whole new life
for me.
Wednesday:
The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying on the
toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and
forth over it.  I believe I have a hernia in both
pectorals.  Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to
steer or stop.  I parked on top of a GEO in the club
parking lot.  Bruce was impatient with me, insisting
that my screams bothered other club members.  His
voice is a little too perky for early in the morning
and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is
VERY annoying.  My chest hurt when I got on the
treadmill, so Bruce put me on the stair monster.  Why
the hell would anyone invent a machine to simulate an
activity rendered obsolete by elevators?  Bruce told
me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life.  He
said some other shit too.
Thursday:
Bruce was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth
exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a
full snarl.  I couldn't help being a half an hour
late, it took me that long to tie my shoes.  Bruce
took me to work out with dumbbells.  When he was not
looking, I ran and hid in the woman's room.  He sent
Lars to find me, then as punishment put me on
the *&(&^^$%* Stair Monster!
Friday:
I hate that basta*d Bruce more than any human being
has ever hated any other human being in the history of
the world.  Stupid, skinny, anemic little cheerleader.
 If there was a part of my body I could move without
unbearable pain, I would beat him with it.  Bruce
wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any
triceps, and if you don't want dents in the floor,
don't hand me the &*@*#$ &*@*#$ barbells or anything
that weighs more than a sandwich. (Which I am sure you
learned in the sadist school you attended and
graduated magna cum laude from.)  The treadmill flung
me off and I landed on a health and nutrition teacher.
 Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the
drama coach or the choir director?
Saturday:
Bruce left a message on my answering machine in his
grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up
today.  Just hearing him made me want to smash the
machine with my planner.  However, I lacked the
strength to even use the TV remote and ended up
catching eleven straight hours of the stupid Weather
Channel.
Sunday:
I'm having the Church van pick me up for services
today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is
over.  I will also pray, that next year, my husband
(the B****RD) will choose a gift for me that is fun,
like a root canal or a hysterectomy.