[triadtechtalk] Re: SpyBlocker - For Armando. 8

  • From: Juanita Kimble <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jan 2002 14:42:50 -0600

 I found this application which was very easy to set up. I simply =
 downloaded the SBZIP file & installed it.
 I've continued to use Zone Alarm, CookieWall & Pop-Up Stopper in =
 conjunction with it.=20

 After setting it up it found 1700 & some odd cookies & bugs that were =
 reporting to their individual servers as to my internet surfing habits & =
activities. To my surprise many of these originated in Russia.

 This is not anything to really get very upset over or on the other hand =
 happy about. It's just that I thought that with the AdWare utility that =
 I run regularly I had been keeping all forms of spyware out of my PC, =
 specially with my CookieWall & firewall & Pop-Up Stopper to boot.

 Apparently, according to the knowledge base supplied by this utility's =
 programmer, many of the web-sites we visit will place hidden code in our =
 machine as we surf which will later "dial home" and report.

 Anyway, since the time I installed it this A.M., it has blocked an =
 additional 16 hidden cookies, 15 bugs(hidden code), no spyware-for I =
 will not have it! and 78 unwanted instances of advertisement that would =
 have otherwise been added to the 1700 & some already present in my PC.

 The program works by  blocking new ones from being loaded & the ones =
 already present are not allowed to "call home" thus fooling the spying =
 servers into thinking I'm not on line.

 It brings its own uninstall program & is configurable in any Windows =
 flavor. As far as I'm concerned, this is what I had been missing all =
 along but did not know it. Not that I give a tinker's curse for a tart =
 about others knowing my surfing habits, I have nothing to hide, but they =
 never asked me for my permission so I will Spy-Block them from this day =
 forward.

 I'm sure they may soon find a way around this, but in the meantime I =
 won't be so easy to track, eh?

  http://www.morelerbe.com/spyblocker/help.htm

 So when you deleted the spy cookies, did it block you from those sites?