[triadtechtalk] Spell checkers

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 08:44:11 -0800 (PST)

This spell checker works grat:
http://www.megspace.com/computers/tinyspell/

Another one:
If you don't have Word or Office installed, you will
need to use a
third party program.

Here is a free one;
http://www.iespell.com/
ieSpell - A Spell Checker for Internet Explorer
Introduction
ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension
that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It
should come in particularly handy for users who do a
lot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums,
blogs, diaries).

Even if your web application already includes spell
checking functionality, you might still want to install
this utility because it is definitely much faster than
a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use
your personal word list across all your applications,
instead of maintaining separate ones on each
application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar
(as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after
filling in a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it
pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check.

ieSpell is not spyware or adware. Its free for personal
and not-for-profit use. Commercial use requires a
separate license.

And one more:
Free;
http://freepctech.com/pc/002/files006.shtml#spchecker
Spell Checker checks the spelling of any edit control
in almost any application under Windows 3.1/95/98/XP.
It runs in the background, with hot-key support. Master
dictionaries are available in several languages
and fully editable and searchable custom dictionaries
can be created. The system requirements are modest and
it should run on any computer.
Unfortunately it is not available in 32bit format for
Windows NT or 2000.

BTW, I don't use no chekher. I relie onit which I's
lernt in riting classis in grammer's skewl...
HTH,
armando

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 10:29:45 -0600, "Juanita Kimble"
wrote:

> [...]
else
> put on
> my pc. I had no claim to it and never wanted it. If it
> isn't legal I don't want it. Don't have a spell
checker
> now
> will just have to live with it.
>
> I do have a backup tho.
>
> For months now I have had trouble connecting. I looked
> at the properties last night. Some of them had been
> changed.
> I changed them back. I have had not one problem
> connecting since. I don't think the program I
> deleted\removed caused
> that because it has been on here for at least a year,
> think longer.
>
> Juanita
>

> ---
> Checked by AVG anti-virus system