[triadtechtalk] Re: Ran accross this, is it any good?

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 17:32:25 -0700

From: armando barreiro

> --from "armando barreiro" <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>--
> --reply triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> ***  Triad Tech Talk
> (www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***
>

> A free email antivirus  program. Has somone had any experience with this?
>
> http://www.mailcleaner.com/
>
> TIA, Armando. 8) God Bless America!

AVOID THIS PAGE! It is infected with a virus that can attack you right
through a web browser.

It may be a perfectly good product. I don't know. However, the Nimda.a virus
is a new worm/virus that is loose on the web, and it can download onto your
machine via web browser using similar attacks to the attacks that allow the
Code Red worm to work. I am not certain what machines are at risk, as I only
know that it would have gotten my work machine (Windows NT Service Pack 6)
if not for Nortons Antivirus.

If you have anti-virus, update the definitions immediately. If you don't, I
suggest you get some, pronto.

David Nasset, Sr.