[triadtechtalk] Re: Pmail

  • From: RPRKOCVGGPED@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2002 15:02:43 -0800

From: cabehogan

> --from "cabehogan" <cabehogan@xxxxxxxxxxx>--
> --reply triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> ***  Triad Tech Talk
> (www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/webpage?webpage_id=triadtechtalk) ***

<snip>

> > It should be safe. To be certain, take the
> entire folder and Zip it using a
> > Zip program, and wait a week. If you have no
> problems, delete the Zip file.
>
> I have never had any experience Ziping anything,
> so can't I just delete the whole folder with
> subfolder and files and let it go into my Trash
> Bin and hold it there for a week or so?

It could be forced out by newer stuff that you had deleted, losing it
entirely. Instead, rename the folder so that programs that need the files
can't find them. If you don't get any errors in a week, delete them.

As for using Zip files, anyone on the Internet should learn to use them. Go
to http://www.download.com and look for FreeZip. Install it, and right click
on some test files (make copies of various things for testing). It will give
you compression options. If you right-click on compressed "zip" files, it
will give you uncompress options. It is completely free, and should be good
enough.

If you want to use them more, or get to know them better, then
www.winzip.com or www.powerarchiver.com should give you good, if nearly
identical, programs.

David Nasset, Sr.