[triadtechtalk] No DOS in XP, after just buying ME?

  • From: avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 19 Sep 2001 09:33:39 -0700

In a message dated 9/18/2001 8:39:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
DBCfour@xxxxxxx writes:

> what do you do when you need to do
> something via the command line?  Dos is no more in XP ...right?

 Chuck in OK answers:

>Donna... there is a run box just as in previous version of windows... but...
forget about running the dos comands... as I said in an earleir post.. if you
have win95 and/or programs for win95 or earlier... best find new ones and
dont attmept to upgrade with those files on your pc,especially if you have
important data in them... lots of folks are going to find themselves in a
hurt due to that fact.... even the cheapie bargin PC hardware stuff will
create problems due to drivers not working or even loading.. many a soul will
find themselves with a nonoperational pc....<

I'll let you all keep buying M$, I'm switching to Linux.
Thanx be to Torvald! (LOL)

I wish you good health and much happiness, today and
always.