[triadtechtalk] Networking 2 computers

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 19:19:15 -0500

Hi all ... just looking for some info regarding networking 2 computers on a DSL
line. I looked at some info briefly and it said that all that was needed was a
length of cable (twisted pair). I know Chuck runs a hub or router, but
apparently that's not needed for just 2 computers. Can someone explain what a
"Twisted pair"  is actually called?? I looked under Network Cables and there
are a zillion different kinds. Cat5  ... Cat5E ... Cat6 come to mind, but I
don't know to which cable "twisted pair" refers. Also, what else do I need to
connect the 2 computers together. I assume one end just plugs into the NIC card
on one computer, but what happens at the computer which the modem is already
connected too? I need a cable about 25' long to connect the 2 if that makes a
difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks ....

Howard

---