[triadtechtalk] Re: Missing File

  • From: BRIAN CORNELIUS <bcornel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 11:49:12 -0800

Well if your are willing I am ready for my next lesson. Again I have picked
what I consider an easy issue, but one that may be more important important
that I realize..
After installing a anti virus program and causing a lot of problems because I
was not sure what I was doing, I managed to removed it and then  reinstalled an
earlier backup from my system. This whole process took a couple of days to get
things to a point I think things are working again. However, the one
irregularity that exists for sure is that I now have a couple of files that are
missing. I will just focus on one at this time. This one  is mentioned when I
boot up. I get a message that basically says: C:\Progra~1\Inocul~1\Vetmon9x.VDX
is missing. And it also states that the registry or system.ini refers to it but
that  it is no longer exists. ( I had scribbled down some other information and
I think it said that it  was a device file and to try to reinstall the
application. I  think it was," lne100tx.cat\lnetx.cat". This information does
not show up anymore when
I boot up).
My questions are:
1. Does anyone know what it is? and if so how could  I have proceeded to find
this information?
2. How can I tell if it is needed, important, or critical?
3. Is it necessary, desirable, or even possible to find this file and reinstall
it? if so how can I do it?
I hope this issue is one that is capable of being resolved by a beginner with
the help of experts.
Thanks for sharing your wisdom.
                                                                    BRIAN