[triadtechtalk] Re: I need someone to answer this

  • From: "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 10:30:38 -0500

  Bruce wrote
  That's surprising? Using 2 live AV programs at the same time breaks the
'rules' big
  time!?!)))
  I hear you Bruce. Only ONE AV program.

  Couldn't find the message you answered about gmail sign out.It was a long
time ago when Chuck wrote that email.I think he must have been talking about
other users on your PC could read you mail if you don't sign out. Not people on
the web. Guess I didn't understand at the time.Don't know where I got the spam
idea from. But am glad you set the record straight.

  Sent from my iPhone

  On Oct 1, 2010, at 2:45 PM, "Juanita Kimble" <jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

      Jim wrote

      In addition to MSE I use AVG free.  It does  not cause any problems for
me.
      I have advast downloaded but not installed. Waiting for more memory.

      I had avg a long time ago. I really liked it.Since I know a little about
it. I am thinking about deleting advast and downloading avg.(when i get more
memory)But i read that advast has more options to protect you.I also know just
because you read it doesn't make it true.

      From: jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx
      To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
      Subject: [triadtechtalk] Re: I need someone to answer this
      Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2010 11:54:55 -0500

      My system is like lightening now. When I click login. All icons and task
bar are there . I can't even put how many seconds it takes. They are just all
there like a blink of an eye.But I ckecked system information. I only have
132.18 mb of memory.I checked it several times.
      This makes me think I don't need to download anything else until I get
another memory stick.

      Bruce I have followed your instruction. Got rid of ZA thank goodness.I
can't thank you enough. Got the MS live scan. But on full scan it only loads 66
percent with error 0X08402805.That is caused from missing .dll's But the two
cleaning tools work.

      I installed MS essintuals. I like it too.Would like to have another
protection also. But I know I don't have enough memory.

      Since my pc is lighting fast I will not bother to uninstall google
toolbar. If it works don't fix it.I think I should wait until I install more
memory before I install windows live mail. What do you think? I know nothing
about how much memory it takes to have that program.

      Well it looks like  all of yall's help fixed my problem's.Thanks to all
of you.

      Juanita
                From: jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx
                To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 06:35:57 -0500

                  Bruce wrote

                  You don't 'have' to uninstall them unless they're just trials
that have expired.

                  My guess is they are trials that have expired. Here is a web
site tat wil tell you more about what they are.

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2003/oct03/10-14plusdmepr.mspx

                  I really don't know why they are on here.I just need to know
for sure if it is OK to uninstall them.

                  Not only did I have digstream game and MS office. I had a
trial offer of paint shop pro from dell.I saw no reason to uninstall it since
they put it on here in the first place. I did however uninstall it a few days
ago.

                  My monitor screen is getting duller every day when I reboot.
I have been noticeing that for a while now.

                  When I got back to my desktop  after using pcpitstop. The
settings was set to the highest they could go.They have always been set to
800X600.It was horriable.At least I knew how to fix that. I tried to put it up
one notch yesterday. The screen was darker like it should be. But it was fuzzy.
So I know it has to stay where it is.

                  pcpitstop didn't harm it.Like I said it has been getting
dimmer for awhile now.

                  You know I have remote assitance on here but I bet it doesn't
work.Last week I would have taken you up on letting one of you work on this
thing.I have learned a lot in the last few days.I guess those pops in the back
of my head accounts for that!

                  Juanita

                  On Sep 25, 2010, at 8:03 AM, "Juanita Kimble"
<jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                      Bruce wrote

                      If you can find the install files for office you can
rerun the setup and chose uninstal/repairl too.

                      I found it in add remove after clicking don't show
updates.

                      I also have

                      Ms plus photo story 2 LE . I saw on the internet it is
free when you install Office xp professional with front page. But do I need to
uninstall it also.

                      And I have Microsoft plus digital media edition installer.

                      Both of these are in add\remove.

                      My guess I need to uninstall them.

                      when I get this computer stable. I will buy a program so
I can have spell check in outlook express. That is all I need it for.

                      They tell me you can't take your money with you when you
die so why not.

                      Juanita

                      Sent from my iPhone

                      On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:09 PM, "Juanita Kimble"
<jkimble@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

                        When I used pcpitstop. It had digstream on it. Guess I
didn't read it close enough. But I did see where it said I had an illegal copy
of (I think it said word) looked in add\remove I see nothing there. I look in
programs All is there is Word perfect office12 I opened it all that is in the
folder is graphics.

                        I know I have part of an office program because I have
spell check in outlook express.I thought it was legal though.

                        If it's not legal I sure need to get it off here.

                        Just looked on start Ms word is there and power point.
I see  no where to uninstall it.

                        I looked in jv power tool it has office xp professional
with front page. Is that it.I take it jv will uninstall it for me.

                        Do any of you know of a free program that I can
uninstall it  if jv fails to do it.

                        Juanita

              This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was
received, using definitions version 6934

              This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was
sent, using definitions version 6934

            This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was
received, using definitions version 6934

            This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent,
using definitions version 6934

          This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was
received, using definitions version 6938

          This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent,
using definitions version 6938

        This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was received,
using definitions version 6938

        This email was scanned by VIPRE version 4.0.3904 when it was sent,
using definitions version 6945