[triadtechtalk] Re: Howard & lost Partition

  • From: "Howard" <bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:32:37 -0700

From: <avbsantos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Howard,
> Re your lost partition & perhaps fowled boot sector of your hard drive, go
to this page

> DOS TOOLS Galore
>
> http://master.swlibero.org/~daniele/dos/valuedos.html
>
> I suggest You scroll down to "hard disk" & try presizer & tstdsk.
(presizer is a free partition magic-like), I've mentioned it here!
> Best wishes, Armando. 9)

Hi Armando ... thanks kindly for supplying a link to many great DOS
programs. I have done some reading on "Presizer", but I'm not sure I have
enough tech knowledge to complete the job. One thing that I haven't been
able to find is whether or not there is a way to simply locate the missing
space on my HD and then name it drive E and format it. I am hopeful this can
be done without again formatting (or losing the data) in Drive C. I have
bookmarked the above, and am exploring my options. So far, no one on this
list seems to be able to help with my problem. I will wait a little longer
before doing anything drastic. Thanks again Armando.

Howard
bint@xxxxxxxxxxxx