[triadtechtalk] Re: Explorer

  • From: <budge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 13:56:29 -0700

I would say yes.  Compacting shouldn't hurt anything and should help make
things run smoother.

Although, typically, compacting is a database function (and generally a VERY
desirable one), so I AM a little suprised that she gets it from her Internet
connection.  My guess is that this is a function of her ISP.

Compacting a database is like squeezing all the the air out of the baggie
before you zip it shut.  It's a good thing as it removes wasted space.

Pamela

davisrb@xxxxxxxxxx wrote on 9/25/2001

I got this question from my friend (you have helped me help her in the
past).

"When I click on to the Internet I get a message that says I have wasted
space in my folders and ask if I want to compact now. I can click yes or no.
I click no because I don't know just what the message means.When I click no
then the computer goes on and dials alltel (my connection).  Any ideas or
suggestions regarding the above will be appreciated. "

I have no idea what her problem is. Is there a simple answer to this?

Thanks. Rebecca