[triadtechtalk] Re: Acronis True Image 6.0

  • From: Cuffy10@xxxxxxx
  • To: triadtechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:59:44 EST

In a message dated 12/22/03 7:49:04 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jimmoss888@xxxxxxx writes:
Acronis' exclusive innovative technology allows to create and restore
complete disk images online in Windows, so you don't have to deal with annoying
reboots to DOS or other systems, even when backing up system partitions.
I'm afraid I can't agree with Armando's interpretation of the TI software
capabilities.
You make an image of your boot partition and it will boot when installed.
You could easily have used the image you had to load that new drive and you
would have been up and running. (Provided the partition was set as Active with
FDisk)
The advantage of cloning a drive, and I use XXCopy, never XCopy32, is that
the files are current to the moment and the process seems simpler to me. Many
prefer the image method.
Once cloned and running make an image for backup...... that will put back
your fresh install if necessary some day in the future.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it !!!

joe

.

JPEG image