[tor] Re: FDC cancelled our server - FDC history

  • From: Moritz Bartl <moritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: torservers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2011 16:19:05 +0200

On 02.04.2011 10:42, tagnaq wrote:
>> The current blacklists in CBL and senderbase, which both
>> are used a lot world-wide, are violating our AUP and they should be
>> resolved ASAP.
>> Can you please issue a refund of the bill I have just paid for next
>> month and cancel the server?
> I'm a bit surprised that you requested to cancel the server and didn't
> "fight" more / wait till they kick you.
> I guess you decided this way because on the long run it was anyway
> unavoidable and to not loose the money for April.

"We are looking forward of your response and actions in the next 24
hours to avoid service suspension. If spam listings persist, service
will be terminated."

I asked them what to do, explained why it is impossible to keep the
server running and get it off the blacklists. It was the last day of the
billing period, and he confirmed that I would have lost those $300 if I
didn't decide to get a refund. Why fight it a week longer and then get
terminated?

--
Moritz Bartl
https://www.torservers.net/