[tor] Re: A Donation Page Review

  • From: Andy Isaacson <adi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Nusenu <BM-2D8wMEVgGVY76je1WXNPfo8SrpZt5yGHES@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2013 17:43:33 -0700

On Mon, Sep 02, 2013 at 01:19:56PM +0000, Nusenu wrote:
> I'm motivated to donate to your organizations for running tor exit relays.

Thanks!  Your requests seem very reasonable.  Bitcoin is the easiest way
to make a "anonymous" donation to Noisetor, although we can accept cash
or a bank transfer via a cutout, by sending a US check or money order to
Noisebridge and annotating it as "noisetor".

You can mail cash, but that's quite risky.

You can give cash to a Noisetor person at an event such as 30c3.

> my feedback for your current websites:
> noisetor.net
> - - HTTPS available including proper certificate: no
> Still, still it has a GPG signed bitcon address; www.noisebridge.net is
> reachable via HTTPS

Yep, we haven't succeeded in a satisfactory HTTPS setup for noisetor
yet.  I haven't found a reasonably priced CA that will provide a
"CN=www.noisetor.net, CN=tor.noisebridge.net" (or sAN) certificate.

> ~ relay information available (at least relay names/fingerprints):
> You might want to add a link to:
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#search/noiseexit0
> ?

Yes, I want to do this and will in a few weeks-to-months.

> + donations are published (unfortunately currently not working/not
> showing anything)

That was working reliably for several years, then crashed the day after
the maintainer left for Burning Man. :(  It'll be fixed again later this
week.

-andy