[torontocbm] Re:  Re: Which monitor to use with a PAL C64

  • From: Markus Naslund <gthlhockey2006@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2023 20:05:43 +0100

There was a nice video by perifractic of retro recipes showing a very tiny mod on a Commodore 64 that allows to supposedly sync with a 1701 or a 1702 monitor.

I'm going by memory so you would have to look that up and test it yourself but it's certainly seemed plausible. I would explore that first TBH.
--
Sent from my Android phone with mail.com Mail. Please excuse my brevity.On 2023-02-15, 11:40 AM Terry Lutfi <terrylutfi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

For the last 4 years, I only ran into one PAL 1071 monitor; bought it, fixed it up and sold it recently. The unit was 220v, it was an oddball, it had U.S prongs instead of european. Chance of finding a PAL 1084 in North America, best to import it.
Terry
On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 11:27 AM Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I assume you mean 1084S and composite (component is 3 wire, composite is just 1.  LCA would be 2 wire which is commonly used with a C64).

A north american 1084S does not support PAL, only NTSC.  In my experience connecting a PAL device did give a display but in BW only, no colour.

On Wed, Feb 15, 2023 at 9:43 AM marlon schmitt <marlon.schmitt88@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi. Which monitor should I use with a PAL Commodore 64 in Canada? My 1054S monitor doesn't work with it. I used component input to the monitor.

--
Len