[torontocbm] Re: Old computers did it better.

  • From: "Michael Brigham" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "avroarrow4ever@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: "torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <torontocbm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2015 13:22:11 +0000 (UTC)

I love it, and there is a lot of truth these days about the tech support. I
like reading all the comments at the bottom, some people get it, some don't
(about getting a c64). There is one comment that is true for a lot of us. We
were quite happy getting the c64, but then had to save up birthday and
allowance money to get a 1541, and then we were on top of the world!! So many
sleep-over disk copying parties! No more tapes!! No more loading a game on
tape, then going for a bike ride or taking a shower while it loaded! :-)

BTW, using an inflation calculator, $400 (rough price of a c64 and 1541 each)
in 1985 is valued at $891.97!
DollarTimes.com | Inflation Calculator

|   |
| DollarTimes.com | Inflation CalculatorOur inflation calculator computes the
value of a dollar over time |
| |
| View on www.dollartimes.com | Preview by Yahoo |
| |