[tn-moths] winter moth

  • From: Rikki Hall <sourpersimmon@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:08:02 -0500

Hello,

Yesterday afternoon I noticed a small, pale moth flying. The temperature was
43 degrees. About 8pm last night while driving along the Little River, I saw
two more of the same species. All sightings were in Rockford, Blount Co, in
close proximity to Little River. Wingspan was about two centimeters, and I
only got brief glimpses at flying moths, so I can't say much about its
appearance. I wonder, however, if the mere fact that these moths were flying
on December 30 is diagnostic.

Is there a way to search the BAMONA database by time of emergence, or is
there a list somewhere of winter moths?

Thank you,
Rikki Hall
Rockford, TN