[tn-moths] northeast TN sightings

  • From: Larry McDaniel <larrycmcd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:39:14 -0400

I took a picture of some micros that were on my shop light this morning,
3/13/12.
I didn't even notice the extremely small moth (maybe Caloptilia sp.)
to the left, until I viewed the photo on my laptop.
I edited a copy to better show this moth.

Some notables in Washington County on 3/12/12 include

Caloptilia serotinella - Leaf Blotch Miner Moth - Hodges#0637
Proteoteras aesculana - Maple Twig Borer Moth - Hodges#3230
Argyrotaenia velutinana - Red-banded Leafroller - Hodges#3597
Phoberia atomaris - Common Oak Moth - Hodges#8591
Galgula partita - The Wedgeling - Hodges#9688
Mythimna unipuncta - Armyworm - Hodges#10438
Orthosia alurina - Gray Quaker - Hodges#10491

Larry McDaniel