[tn-moths] Re: [ncsc-moths] Re: Roland's Sallow?

  • From: "Parker Backstrom" <dpbackstrom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:43:08 -0500

Hi, Ken.

I concur with Hugh.  This is definitely P. grandis, which I, too, recorded
last night (attached) for the first time.  (I see from Bugguide that Marvin
also recorded this recently, quite a spate of sightings for a species that I
gather isn't recorded all that commonly.)  I also recorded P. rolandi last
night (attached), as well as another Psaphida that I'm a little unsure of.
It bears a strong resemblance to rolandi but it has a distinctly bronzy cast
to it and the spots on the wings are edged very clearly in gold rather than
the silver of rolandi.  I'd be most curious to hear peoples' opinions on
this third beasty (attached).

Good mothing, all.

Parker