[tn-moths] Re: micro ???

  • From: "Doug Bruce" <s137@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2011 22:28:28 -0500

Larry,

I had very similar examples here on Feb. 19 and Feb. 27.  See attached photos
of two different individuals on those dates.

The closest match I could find was the Pale Apple Leafroller Moth,
Pseudexentera mali, #3247, but there were too many similar ones to be confident
at all.

http://mothphotographersgroup.msstate.edu/species.php?hodges=3247

The flight time is right though, and it has been reported as far south as
Kentucky.  The Kentucky Butterfly Net site lists old sightings on March 3 and
March 6.  See webpage:
http://bioweb.wku.edu/faculty/Marcus/map_out.asp?family=Tortricidae&genus=Pseudexentera&species=03247

Doug Bruce
Oak Ridge