[tn-moths] an observation on black lights

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 06:55:12 -0700 (PDT)

Last summer I replaced my 2 60W incandescent black lights with compact
fluorescent bulbs. This year I built a pvc frame for my sheet so now I have a
lot more surface area exposed. Last week I stumbled across one of those
incandescent bulbs so I decided I would add a third light to the setup, this
one
on the back side of the sheet. I am now finding at least 4 times as many moths
on the back of the sheet than on the front with the biggest concentration close
to the bulb.

The CF bulb manufacturers claim their bulbs have a output equal to a 60W bulb
but that they only use 15W. I think this 60W output claim is a load of you know
what!

http://www.finishflagfarms.com