[tn-moths] Re: White County ID B

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:27:58 -0400

I think the Pseudexentera have to be identified using genitalic dissection.
Possibly for a local area one could dissect some specimens and figure out
the local phenotypes and then be able to ID all subsequent photos. Over the
entire geographic range of the species it may be impossible to tell from
external characters, although Gilligan et al. suggest that it can be done. I
personally have never spent the time to figure out this genus, although it
is a project I would like to get to someday.

Hugh