[tn-moths] Updated State Moth List

  • From: Douglas Downs <douglas_downs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tn-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 17:51:02 -0500

Attached is the updated Moth List for Tennessee, prepared in Excel spreadsheet
format.  I have not posted this list since September, 2010.  In the interim, we
have managed to add 85 new species to the list, bringing our state species
total to 1642.  We must understand, of course, that this total assumes proper
identifications have been made in all cases.  Since there is no way every
identification can be definitively confirmed, we should assume that this list
is simply a guideline and not the final word.  If surrounding states are any
indication, we still have room for as many as 750-1,000 additional species!

All that being said, everyone should be commended for finally getting together
and taking Tennessee mothing to a new level.  Let's give ourselves a good old
Volunteer pat on the back!  Special note - All species added since my last
posting of this list are printed in red.  This will aid everyone in noting the
newest additions.

I will continue to keep this list current . . . unless someone out there has a
burning desire to take it over.

Thanks to all,

Doug Downs
Sparta, White County, TN