[tn-moths] The 2012 Lep Course

  • From: Hugh McGuinness <hdmcguinness@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 13:56:38 -0400

Dear Friends,

I just wanted to let everyone know that 4th annual "Lep Course" will take
place at the Southwestern Research Station in southeastern Arizona again
this August from the 11th to the 20th. Even if you are not interested in
collecting, this is a great course if you want to learn taxonomy,
morphology (of adults AND larvae) and ecology of Leps. There will be
increased emphasis this summer on moth identification/trap sorting and
caterpillar identification, rearing and ecology as Dave Wagner and Lee Dyar
will be formally associated with the course for the first time. I cannot
say enough about the quality of this year's faculty, which will also
include Jim Miller, John Brown, and Jason Dombroskie. In addition, the
Chiricahua Mountains provide a stunning and biologically-rich setting for
the course. I have attached the article I wrote about the course and I have
pasted the link for the course below. Let me know if you have any questions.

http://research.amnh.org/swrs/education/lepidoptera-course

Hugh

--
Hugh McGuinness