[tn-moths] Re: Tentative ID Help requested

  • From: Harold Howell <howellh2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 15:15:26 -0400

Merrill,

Thanks for your observations.  I see what you are saying about the erechtea
versus the crassiuscula.  It is difficult to tell whether the bands in my
specimen meet or not.  It appears that they do meet on the left side, but
not on the right side.  Maybe a hybrid?  I based my tentative ID on the
photos on Moth Photographers Group site.  This kind of uncertainty is why I
do not do more moths.

Please give your wife my very best regards.  Doug Bruce and I visited all
three Nature Conservancy sites in Shady Valley, and they are wonderful.  I
would highly recommend them to anyone wishing to find birds, butterflies and
dragonflies.

Best regards,

Harold Howell
Grainger County