[tn-moths] Recent cool finds

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 08:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

Here are some cool moths from Monday night. I decided that would be my big Moth
Week night so I spent a lot of time at the sheets. I posted these in the FB
mothing group but I know some of you don't use FB so I'm posting them here too.
There didn't seem to be very many moths on the sheets but somehow I ended up
with 106 species.

Tripudia flavofasciata - I couldn't believe this beautiful "micro" was a
Noctuid. I searched though all the micro families and didn't find it but while
looking for something else, I stumbled across it on MPG.

Dasychira atrivenosa - relatively plain but not a common moth.

Datana sp. - this one is missing most of the bands you'd expect to see on a
red-headed Datana. It could be a new species but it's probably just a variation
on a common one.

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths
http://www.finishflagfarms.com  ;