[tn-moths] Moth book suggestions

  • From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TN Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 08:55:45 -0700 (PDT)

While MPG, Bugguide and the internet in general are great resources, they don't
always help when it comes to finding out what it is exactly that makes Moth A
different from the extremely close looking Moth B. Also, it's not always easy
find range information. This morning I was working on a moth and I was able to
narrow it down to 3 species that looked very similar. I found out that 2 of the
3 are strictly western species which made my decision on which one to choose
much easier. If BAMONA had many more contributors, their maps would help but it
seems that in general, moths don't get no respect so their maps are generally
useless.

What book(s) do you suggest that would provide this type of information?

http://www.finishflagfarms.com