[tn-moths] Re: Macaria help needed

  • From: "buggybuck" <buggybuck@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:17:29 -0400

I don't know if you have been exposed to the term fovea before, so in
geometrids, it is a swollen spot devoid of scales near the base of the
forewing: fovea is described in the glossary as a depression or pit, but in
geos, it is a bare swollen or depressed spot just beyond the frenulum (male)
or acanthi (female) (the spine(s) at the base of the hind wing which hooks
the wings together with the forewing retinaculum (forewing holding
structure) when in flight.... In your specimen I did not see the fovea on
the forewing.  Maybe I just missed it.  BUCK

From: kjchilds <kjchilds@xxxxxxxxx>
To: TN-Moths <tn-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<ncsc-moths@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 11:00:03 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: [tn-moths] Macaria help needed

I think this may be 6335 Macaria aequiferaria but I'd like a second opinion.

http://tinyurl.com/FinishFlagFarmsMoths
http://www.finishflagfarms.com